Grant Approval and Council Acceptance
Aug 22 (1 day ago)
The attached memorandum references 3 CBE grants in the amounts of $2,440 $ 5,782 and $3,216. I believe I have the grant application for the $5,782 and would request that you provide the grant applications for the $2,440 and the $3,216.
As City ordinance requires that all grant applications and grant acceptances be approved by Council please advise on which agendas these approvals took place.
If these grants were not approved by Council then by whom were they approved, and what approval process was followed including representations given and criteria alleged to be met.
From: Ted Noftall [mailto:Ted@TedNoftall.com]
To: Bob Ford (email@example.com)
Cc: ‘Kisela, Greg’; Dennis Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org); email@example.com; Drew Bastian (firstname.lastname@example.org); Mayor Green (email@example.com)
Subject: Is Finance Now Therapy Central ???
The attachments portray a very troubling picture of the department in charge of the City’s finances, AND an equally troubling picture of a Counsel that is repeatedly having the wool pulled over their eyes.
I have asked you on several occasions to give me an honest assessment as to what is going on in Finance and all I have gotten is happy horse feathers. I have asked you if reported excessive counseling and training complete with pre-work and post work activities might be an explanation as to Finances’ apparent inability to produce anything on a timely basis including a revised budget and personnel projections a month after the July 13th budget hearing was held, AND YOU advised that you knew nothing of such counseling activities. Well guess what ……. Whether you knew about them or not ……. you approved them at the November 13, 2012 council meeting.
You have done the people a dis-service by misleading them as you did.
This series of events in the attachments are troubling for several reasons.
- 1) Meaningful information about actual happenings on which Counsel is voting is not being conveyed from staff to Counsel.
- 2) The Nov 13, 2012 appropriation for whatever the heck services are being provided was presented by the then acting CFO and current Comptroller who is benefiting personally from those services.
- 3) The attached 2012 e-mail from HR references an “ stressed employee with emotional challenges requesting counseling ”. Was this person who just so happens to be in charge of the City’s finances adequately treated by any mental health professional.
- 4) IS THE person to whom that counseling request e-mail was directed a licensed mental health professional in the State of Florida, AND if not, has the City been placed in any legal jeopardy as a result of these referrals to an un-licensed therapist. ??
- 5) The attached HR e-mails from 2011 reference a request for “ follow-up counseling” Exactly how much “ counseling” has Finance personnel received and what is the exact nature of that counseling, AND PLEASE do not even bother to suggest it is some type of “ leadership” when your own HR department has repeatedly been calling it “counseling”.
- 6) The CBE grant application noting “job creation” as its basis could only be considered non-fraudulent if viewed in the most gentle of light.
- 7) Who approved the April 11th $7,200 proposal for additional “whatever”, AND who decided to portray it as a change to a 2012 Purchase order ??
And finally Bob can we please get and an honest assessment and not just the Manager’s assurance, regarding both the abilities and the problems with Finance personnel that have been masked over on at least 4 occasions now to the financial detriment of taxpayers that goes well into the millions.
While I had hoped these sorts of shenanigans were going to end with the former Manager and his CFO they have not, AND we are now faced with the very real possibility that we have a super secretive Manager whose natural tendency is to not release any information anyway, feeding of a dis-functional Finance department that is incapable of producing anything on a timely basis. …… Something tells me this is not going to end well.
STRAIGHT ANSWERS PLEASE.