"You'd literally have to be an IDIOT, not to see the boat in the Woods"

ark
Re: You’d literally have to be an IDIOT, not to see this boat in the Woods September 22, 2013 8:38 PM
From:
“Dennis Kennedy” <DennisK@port-orange.org>
To: “Craig Young” <Ceay@cfl.rr.com>
Craig,
Both Greg and I have gone through the sub-division and until late last week neither of us had seen a boat but had seen a few pickup trucks.  Greg did see the boat the other day and will be addressing it this week.
We both made the effort, I don’t consider either of us idiots and I know that I personally don’t know any one who lives in the Woods that owns a boat, can’t speak for Greg but I have my doubts that he knows anyone there either given his short length of residency here in the city.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will look into it.
Dennis
Sent from my iPad

On Sep 20, 2013, at 10:16 PM, “Craig Young” <Ceay@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
Dennis,
#1. Today,  I saw the same boat, parked, on City Property on the Woods……….( A property owned and maintained by the Taxpayers)
#2. Tomorrow, I WILL TAKE PICTURES OF IT…………and I will bring it the next City Council Meeting.
………..So that our “professionals” @ City Hall…….can “FIND IT”…..

Dennis,
WHAT ELSE DO THEY  WANT? ( See below)( I gave them a MAP or God’s sake)
And yet, somehow…….this boat remains……..”INVISIBLE”………  to our City Staff…..
WHY?
Here’s some suggestions;
#1. They don’t want to find it…..
#2. They are COMPLETE IDIOTS…….
#3. SOMEBODY….knows the owner of the boat….and looks the other-way……
………….PICK-A-WINNER……..

Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:00 PM
Subject: Fw: boats parked on city property
Dennis,
Let me remind you, these people in the Woods…..are probably the same people who were so adamantly opposed to the City using any of those lots, for some “public purpose”…..never mind the fact, the “public” pays to maintain them…..
But now, they turn their heads the other way, when their own neighbors use them as parking lots!
HINT: Ride in there on the weekend……

Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: boats parked on city property
Sorry, didn’t recognize the name….
You’ll find one boat next door to 486 spruceview in the Woods…..
Other City-owned lots seem to have cars, trucks and utility trailers parked on them, depending upon the time-of day.
And frankly, I object to having the taxpayers  pay to maintain these now-vacant lots-while neighbors use them as PARKING LOTS!

Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:39 AM
Subject: RE: boats parked on city property

Mr. Young:
The City Manager drove through the area this morning and didn’t see any boats parked.  He doesn’t know the area well and asked me to contact you to see if you can give an approximate address or addresses so he can check it out.
Cindy
Cindy Rivera
Executive Assistant to the City Manager

2 thoughts on “"You'd literally have to be an IDIOT, not to see the boat in the Woods"

• September 23, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Craig:
    I directed the Code Enforcement Supervisor to meet with the boat owner today to encourage them to move the boat. I have been told that Ken Parker did not want the properties acquired by the City to have No Parking signs posted on them. As a result this has made enforcement challenging.
    Regardless if we cannot convince the individual to voluntarily move the boat we will post the property and then cite the owner. Hopefully it will not come to that.
    For the record I do not know anyone in the neighborhood.
    Greg Kisela
    City Manager

• September 24, 2013 at 10:56 am

Code Enforcement has made contact with the boat owner. He lives across the street. He asked for a couple of days to move the boat. Code has granted them that time.
    Greg Kisela