from : Ted Noftall
to : All
Should we be accepting of anything less from the Port Orange City Council that we do from the Port Orange Police Department ?
If the POPD can be expected to warn taxpayers of the dangers of having their cars burgled by thieves for $thousands this time of year, shouldn’t Council likewise be warning taxpayers of the danger of having their wallets picked for $millions by the Riverwalk Promoter ??.
Is Council doing their job of looking out for taxpayer interests, OR are in the tank for the Riverwalk shark ???
- *) why have the proposed land swaps never taken place.
- *) why is the City depicting as parkland, property that it does not own.
- *) why has the City Attorney never presented a written legal analysis of this project
- *) why have City Planners never disclosed the difficulties associated with this project.
- *) why are all the Promoters recent drawings now bearing the City’s copyright protected Logo
- *) why are the costs of parking, water retention, and required utility upgrades not being discussed.
- *) why is the City permitting dirt parking that relieve the promoter from requiring water retention ponds.
- *) why did the Mayor decide to take himself off the “conflict of interest” list and start voting for his Buddy again.
- *) why was the Riverwalk Promoter allowed to construct commercial parking lots on land zoned recreation and conservation.
- *) why is the City negotiating land swaps with a Promoter whose has never demonstrated a financial capacity to develop this project.
- *) why has the City in 20 years, never ever presented a depiction of a park that was ever anything more than the scraps that were left over after the Promoter has taken all that he needs and wants.
- *) why is the Promoter insistent that the Manager direct Council to extend the Town Center CRA if he has not been promised the incremental tax revenue from his project …………. something that no other Developer has ever received.
Be honest and ask yourself if the City’s investment in Riverwalk ever had a purpose beyond dressing up the riverbank in front of the Promoters waterfront development.
While Riverwalk has been a rope-a-dope taxpayer bait and switch hustle from its inception, recent Promoter confidence and the sudden enthusiasm of everyone on Council would suggest that the Mayor is not the only one with a son on the Promoters payroll.
Merry Christmas Fellow Taxpayers