3 thoughts on “Oops !

• March 13, 2014 at 9:38 am

Why is this an Oops? Who are you blaming? The owner should make sure that the property has no liens against it? When I bought my home I had to make sure that everything was in order and that the property did not have any liens on it, it was my responsibility to make sure that my realtor contacted the city, county and other places so i knew that the property was clean. I understand that it isn’t his fault, and if I was the City I would give him the opportunity to fix whatever the problems were and then waive the liens.
    Part of a contract with my home says that I will take any liens, or assessments that are part of the property. I am a little confused why this owner did not know that the property had issues… He paid for the property and I am hoping that had an attorney or a realtor do the contract for him. If he did not it is his fault, and if he had someone do it for him then he should be suing them for the money because they did not do their job.
    So basically the realtor for this person did not do his job and make sure that the property was clean. Why is this the Cities fault. Claiming (I didn’t know so therefore I should not have to pay is not the best excuse)

• March 14, 2014 at 10:59 am

Dear Interested
    The reply to your “Why is this an Oops” should be obvious. The new owner should have done his homework. . If he had a Realtor or Lawyer handling the sale, he should be suing them to make good on the Oops, and not looking for a bail-out from the city.
    If he had neither he may be S.O.L. Because, some of the outstanding liens may have been the result of hard cost expenses incurred by the city.
    And were did you read it was the city’s fault? , I find nothing in the Attorneys letter indicating that.
    Pat

• March 14, 2014 at 11:46 am

Pat
    The owner of the property is asking the City to reduce or eliminate the liens. I was confused as to who you were referencing as an oops. I said the exact same thing in my post.
    The reason asked who the oops was is because this site normally would not print something that is not the cities fault… I mean look at every post this week “reverse 911 not being used, the AB committee not being properly informed”, anything Ted writes. It is my observation and I am sure you will dispute that you put The City does good articles on here all the time so that was why I was asking.