"SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, ENOUGH, I’M IN CHARGE"

breakdownFrom the moment Mayor Green set foot on the dias last night it was obvious to me and probably others that he was in a foul mood. He knew it wasn’t going to be a pleasant meeting….and it wasn’t. Important issues were finally brought up for which he and Kisela really don’t have answers and solutions to.

He handles these by ordering people to SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, ENOUGH ,I’M IN CHARGE. Last time I looked this was a city government not a kingdom with KING GREEN IN CHARGE. The way he totally disrespected my councilman Drew Bastian was shocking. Shaking his finger at him and treating him like a 5 yr old instead of an ELECTED VOICE OF THE PEOPLE that he is.

The whole episode was shameful and I’m glad it was caught on live TV so that educated people know just what kind of person we are dealing with.

30 thoughts on “"SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, ENOUGH, I’M IN CHARGE"

• June 25, 2014 at 8:55 am

After reading the article in the news paper yesterday, I watched the council meeting on channel 199 for the first time last night. I was quite surprised at Mr. Green’s behavior and embarrassed for the rest of the council persons. Hey made the whole group look incompetent and withdrawn. Does he really have that much influence over the council? My impression is that there is not only a leadership problem with management at city hall, but little to no leadership on the council. Trying to hide problems, diminish the seriousness of problems or trying to quiet concerned people is not an act of leadership.

• June 25, 2014 at 12:26 pm

To be honest with you my husband and I don’t live in the city of Port Orange but have many, many retired friends who do. They have kept us abreast of the current political environment of their fine city which they dearly love and have turned us on to the blogs. So….we decided last night as a lark to attend the city countil meeting…you may see us on POG sitting somewhere in the middle…and elderly couple.
    We’re from New Jersey where there is plenty of political corruption and wheeliing and dealing going on all the time but were surprised to apparently see the same thing happening here.
    Our observation of your city mayor is that he is one of the most arrogant men to walk in two shoes. His actions on several occassions were very obnoxious. As to the city manager…well quite frankly he didn’t impress us. He is certainly not a skilled public speaker. To the contrary it was hard to understand some of his mumbling responses.

• June 25, 2014 at 7:51 pm

The mayor’s/king’s behavior was despicable, disgusting. disrespectful and an embarrassment to his position as well as the council and the city. I and I’m sure many others can’t wait until he is gone. That little napoleon has no business being a council member. I don’t know how drew was able to contain himself. I can’t believe that no other council member spoke out and shut the mayor/king down. I think our plantation owner is a little too big for his britches.

• June 25, 2014 at 6:21 pm

This link is a parody of a council exchange between Drew Bastian and Mayor Allen Green with Drew questioning Green about Riverwalk.

• June 25, 2014 at 8:08 pm

• June 25, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Message To Pat Nelan
    Just out of curiosity Mr. Nelan, how come you keep editing and rejecting my Star Trek parody? I was under the impression that your blog was to inspire free speech and transparency. I have had the utmost respect for you for maintaining such a forum. I hope I am mistaken but hopefully you are not trying to orchestrate public opinion on your blog to reflect your own opinion. If I am mistaken please accept my sincere apology, but I have observed past censorship on certain posts here until it appears that you deem them relevant to the dialogue you appear to be trying to direct Then when they are resubmitted and are reflective of your evolving perspective or the direction you are trying to evoke you will post them. Is not this the same orchestration and obfuscation that you advocate against in city government? Hopefully this is a misunderstanding on my part, but you have to realize that your blog stands for an ideal that we embrace, so it is important that you practice what you preach. If you have found my Star Trek video offensive because of some personal religious bias that you have please transparently post this inquiry and your honest response to it. There was nothing outrageous, indecent, or defamatory in the post or video link that I posted with the above posted comments by any reasonable standard.The transparency, advocacy, and commitment to free speech and citizen activism has become so important to your posters that we only hope your commitment to these principals are the same as ours. Thank you for taking the time to provide this forum to express ideas and hopefully you will respond with the assurance that you stand with everyone else that posts here for an unencumbered commitment to transparency with no ulterior motives.

• June 25, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Floki,
      Your previous comment cites an attached link, however, there was no link attached. Take your time and try it again. HTML tags and attributes must be properly formatted or the program on this site will automatically reject them.
      Pat

• June 26, 2014 at 6:44 am

Please accept my apology Pat. I guess early when the city manager started with the city, some of us tried to get a lot of this information out on this blog that has come true about the manager and it would not be posted here. This is some of the same stuff we are sending and you are now posting. Maybe back then before people became aware of some of these debacles you were just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and wanted to restrict the negative posts. Now it is abundantly clear that he is a problem to the citizens of Port Orange, and these informational posts are now going up without restrictions. There are some of us that new that the city manager would manifest these apparent negative behaviors even before he was hired. If you know anything about Elgin Jones, Reginald Clyne, and Melissa Cowart from Fort Lauderdale and have a chance to contact them, you will wish we all had that opportunity before hiring the Lifesaver. Once again thanks for all the time you put into this forum, and if we all work together as citizen activists maybe we can protect our city and turn things around before it is too late.

• June 25, 2014 at 9:43 pm

REALLY? I know you were caught off guard with the unprofessional behavior you were attacked with. We voted for you in hopes this crap would end. Get er done. We’ve got your back.

• June 26, 2014 at 9:11 am

HEY Drew
      I hope you finally see through the fog created by the mayor and city manager. When you tried to clear the air they shut you down. You are one of the CM’s bosses and you have the same vote as the mayor. He is not in charge of council he is a member just like you and the others. I also voted for you because I thought you would help put an end to this BS. Go for it!

• June 26, 2014 at 9:44 am

Drew, I only hope that your stand at council is appreciated by your constituency. You are really coming of age and showing that the voters made the right choice. You and Bob Ford are the only ones on council that have a pair of cojones. I wish Don Burnette would grow a pair and quit trying to ride on the mayor’s coat tails. Keep up the good work you have a lot of people behind you.

• June 26, 2014 at 10:03 am

Drew, keep up the good work. Maybe after you get a little more experience under your belt and when Allen Green’s term runs out we will be voting for you for mayor instead of Don Burnette if you decide to run. People respect a person like yourself with principles that is willing to stand up for the people against what is wrong.

• June 26, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Thank you Drew. I follow the council meetings religiously and can see week by week that you are taking interest in understanding the vast problems (not an easy matter) and improving greatly in your overall knowledge of city affairs.
    I want to personally apologize for the Mayors bad behavior because he obvioulsly will not. Thank goodness we have you and Bob Ford on the citizens side. Can’t wait to get rid of that ass kisser Kennedy and hopefully that pompous self serving OTHER councilman will see the light….Forget about Riverwalk Don….you ain’t gonna get anything out of that. As to the Mayor…well we all know that story. As to the next Mayor I can see you running for that as a viable candidate and your would certainly have all the support of City employees, fire, police, etc.

• June 26, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Don Burnette comes off as being the weak one in this story. You see guys in the workforce like Don Burnette every day. Self serving and always trying to position themselves either up someone’s ass or on the sideline let someone else doing the work for him and then trying to position himself to take the credit. Burnette also likes to flaunt his credentials and tells the public over and over that he is an MBA. Does that stand for master bullshit artist?

• June 26, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Any thoughts on District 1 candidate Sonya Laney ? She seems like a breath of fresh air, not a part of the “good old boy” school and a great background in finance. I like her over incumbent Ford.

• June 26, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Sonia has said that she is worried that city employees are afraid to tell the administration about mistakes in the field because they fear for their jobs, since they are paying off mortgages. If you want a council person who thinks that way, she is the gal for you. I think she confuses internal control with “harassment”.

• June 26, 2014 at 7:41 pm

She sounds too good! How do we know that she not one of the mayors “chosen few”! I know Ford isn’t.

• June 26, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Yes she is skilled in finance but in my humble opiinion it would be a mistake to put her on the council . Just watching her present herself on POG TV gives me the shivers. She strikes me as thinking she’s smarter than anyone else and rather arrogant and would probably be like Mayor Green, telling people to sit down and shut up.
    Ford is a brilliant man who has served this city well. He gets my vote.

• June 26, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Sonya reminds me of a daddy’s little girl. I think her daddy is the mayor that soiled his pants last Tuesday at the dais. Her uncle is daddy’s right hand flunky that is fixing to take a long journey to Destin.

• June 26, 2014 at 9:54 pm

With all the current turmoil it can’t get any worse . Sure hope one of the council members does put Mayor Green in his place. The Kisela move sounds like it’s pretty much a done deal. Hope Saunders follows him out the door too.

• June 26, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Concerned Citizen………………………………………………………………………I can’t even say it. Mind blowing. You obviously don’t pay close attention. Hot air is the only thing that comes to my mind.

• June 26, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Bob Ford is the only one that stands up to Green. That is a fact. Not for long though. My brew tells me thats about to change.The next meeting will be interesting.

• June 27, 2014 at 6:58 am

Dear Jambi Head,…since we’re all in the business of letting pertinent information flow on this blog, which we would not be able to do otherwise for fear of reprecussions I’ll let this one slip out.
    One of the real reasons Finance Dept keeps losing new hires has nothing to do with finding better job opportunities as was aluded to by the C/M. The REAL REASON IS THAT NO ONE CAN WORK UNDER THE TYRANICAL COMPTROLLER STELLA GURNEE…SHE’S THE ONE WHO RUNS THEM OFF. Saunders is just inconpetent and not up to a job in finance.
    Add her name to the long list of incompetents being paid high salaries who should be eliminated in order to get our Finance Department back on track.

• June 28, 2014 at 2:45 pm

TO ALL OF YOU POOR OPRESSED FINANCE PERSONEL WHO ARE FORCED TO WORK UNDER THE DICTATORSHIP OF STELLA GURNEE…ARISE. DON’T BE AFRAID TO BLOG HOW THINGS ARE REALLY GOING IN FINANCE. AND HOW THEY ARE AFFECTING YOUR JOB PERFORMANCE. WE KNOW YOU ARE AFRAID OF LOSING YOUR JOBS BUT YOU’RE IDENTIY WILL NOT BE DIVULGED AND IT MIGHT BE GOOD TO GET IT OFF YOUR CHEST.. STRESS IS A KILLER.
    THIS IS NOT WORLD WAR 2 NAZI GERMANY AND YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE TO WORK UNDER THESE CONDITIONS. LET IT ALL HANG OUT.

• June 28, 2014 at 9:10 pm

You can post without using your name fake it like so many others. Don’t use a city computer like some at utilities Admin. There are a couple people at Admin. that come on here during city time using city computers.

• June 29, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Dr. Wu you must mean Pockets and Frieda!