Greg – I strongly suggest that your primary focus, in your time remaining be:

focusTO:Greg Kisela, City Manager  Donna Steinebach, Administrative Services Director
One of the most important documents on the CoPO website is the Auburn Technical Assistance Center – “Are We Making Progress?” dtd 13JUL2013.
I’m sad that I just found it this morning, 02JUL2014. Almost one year later. When I connect the dots of the ATAC report and the 11JAN2014 Strategic Planning Workshop it is clear what is the critical, overriding priority. It’s not Riverwalk. It’s not Cypress Head Golf Course. It’s not not a lot of other things. It’s the redevelopment of the City of Port Orange workforce/team.
And here are some ‘off the top of my head’ thoughts …
I know you’re homesick and are leaving within 60 days. But I’m going to strongly suggest to you, the City Council, and anyone I talk to, that your primary focus, in your time remaining be:

• to build a team to step up and manage the city
    • under these circumstances, it’s too much for one person
  • free you and employees to validate and frame the findings of the ATAC
  • for you and the employees to jointly develop and implement
    • short-term actions and changes
    • and set in motion or map longer-term direction
    • and suggest the framework for sustainability

If there is a critical success factor for the future of Port Orange – this is it. The CoPO team has to be empowered, given the tools and support to succeed. Both individually and for the benefit of city/taxpayers. We need to secure this investment. I wanted to float this to you and Ms. Steinebach before going to City Council and trying to get this on the agenda as soon as possible.
No response is required. You may not agree. But someone has to step up, focus, and make this happen.
Sincerely,

Tom [Tommy] Menocal
Port Orange, FL
g: 414.367.4140 – GoogleVoice#

7 thoughts on “Greg – I strongly suggest that your primary focus, in your time remaining be:

• July 2, 2014 at 11:49 am

I took part in this survey before I left utilities. Things were really miserable for employees at that time and way before that. The mantra of management around the time of this survey was if you don’t like it you know where the door is. The CM put this out and said he was going to use the results to fix the problems. He did nothing but make things worse. He just hired or kept on lousy managers. It looks like it all blew up in his and the mayors faces.
    I have written posts on here a few times where I mentioned the lack of empowerment, threats by management and disrespect toward employees. There are some employees that can step up and do a better job than FCCMA retreads and existing management. Management has had along time to do something about this. I doubt that they ever had any intention to. I’m glad that someone dug this out and dusted it off. It’s a good reminder of our problems.

• July 2, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Anyone ever watch the Melanie Griffith/Harrison Ford film WORKING GIRL? She’s smart, she’s trying desparately to get ahead, she;s a dedicatd worker and she has great ideas but her coniiving bitch of a boss steals them and tries to pass them off as her own. In the end truth prevales and she says in a small quiet voice “Power to the people,.the little people.
    The little people really do have the power. They just have to know how to use it. This is my analogy of what goes on on a daily basis within the City of Port Orange.

• July 2, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Yes Miss Hamilton, your analogy is spot on, and in the City of Port Orange the coniving asshole incompetent interlopers that have been imported here by Allen Green and Greg Kisela are called FCCMA Managers In Transition. They are part of a fraternity that their departing leader Kisela belongs to that are bred to facilitate the personal agendas of corrupt mayors and affiliate special interests. They and their leader Kisela are responsible for the mismanagement and current organizational implosion of the city. Our sinister mayor and self serving city manager are feeding a line of shit to Lori Brown of the press in deflecting blame for their debacle onto a few honest councilman, concerned citizen activists, and long term dedicated employees that are left to sort out the mess that Kisela and his interloping MIT team is leaving behind. This two bit interloping turd is taking his golden parachute with him over to Festin and his incompetent management team have either been fired/resigned or are following his ass out the door. Mayor Allen Green would be wise to follow behind them because he is responsible for this mess and there is a dedicated contingent of citizens that will see to it that he is held accountable. The end result is that all this shit will be cleaned up and sent down the road once and for all.

• July 2, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Tell us how you really feel Floki.

• July 2, 2014 at 4:44 pm

I feel like patience is a virtue but I am seriously starting to become sick of this shit.

• July 2, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Whoever / whenever someone initiates a recall petition vs. Mayor Green, please advise .
    There are two signatures of registered voters in my house ready to sign.

• July 3, 2014 at 8:06 am

I find this rather amusing that even as Mr Saunders resigns, the person 100% responsible for maintaining the running log of expenditures is the comptroller, Stella Gurnee. She approves all purchases before the orders are placed and is responsible for keeping track of the orders issued to all the companies above $25,000 so that they don’t have this issue. But I see that she is the only one still not being held accountable. I think that she needs to go as well. Why don’t we call for her resignation as well? Or at least require her to submit the documents that track the expenditures.