Has Any "City-wide drainage assessment really been completed" ??

.drainage
from: David Harden
to : Tracy Riehm
FYI
David

From: Mike Gardner [mailto:manddgardner@cfl.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2015 1:21 PM
To: Fenwick, Robin
Cc: Green, Allen; Ford, Bob; Harden, David; Burnette, Don; Bastian, Drew; Stiltner, Scott
Subject: Drainage Fund

Dear Robin,
In the latest CAFR it states that “a complete City-wide drainage assessment has been completed” and that the goal “is to maintain 90% or more of all drainage structures in good condition, while ensuring that those under this rating are still in functioning order.”  According to the CAFR, “we have met this goal as of 9/30/2014 and have done so consistently over the last several years.”
Please let me know where and how I can get copies of the aforementioned drainage assessment and the data indicating that we have met the 90% goal for the last several years.  It would sure be nice to have the above info before Tuesday’s discussion about raising Drainage fees.
Thanks,
Mike

5 thoughts on “Has Any "City-wide drainage assessment really been completed" ??

• July 21, 2015 at 7:47 am

Mike,
    If you did recieve the drainage assessment could you please post it for those of us who have not seen it.

• July 23, 2015 at 6:49 am

Concerned–Sorry, I was sleeping at the wheel here.
    There was never any comprehensive drainage assessment done nor any data to indicate the condition of the structures, ditches, etc we have in place. This admission came from our new Public Works Director, Branford Adumuah. He told the City Council that it would take about $300,000 now and about $700,000 total to get programs in place to adequately assess and track our assets.
    He did not address the issues of who lied in the CAFR and why. He did not address the issue of how he can ask for more money when he can’t account for how the money he has is being spent. Seems he doesn’t know what he’s got or how much it costs but he knows he needs more.

• July 23, 2015 at 10:18 am

Thank you Mike for all the informtion you provide to the public and the city council. The city’s candy store is funded by Port Orange citizens and it seems the candy store is open for free candy to many of the professional businesses sucking aound Port Orange. Consultants, auditors, engineers, construction and the usual suspects in governmental affairs. I am amazed how the city of Port Orange is managed so alike to the federal government. U.S. detours accountability and non communication for an Iran deal to the atomic energy agency. How clever. And how similar is Washington’s dilemna that it trusts but with the disadvantage of true,and timely verification. The pilfering of the American dollar and the city of Port Orange dollars are ingrained into a never ending parade of “tricks” used by “team players”. All perhaps legally correct, but ehtically challenged. If any one wants me to spend time repeating all the past tricks played in Port Orange, I can do that.
      Never dared I hope in 2002 when I sent an e mail to the city council accusing them of having city council meetings which appeared to be well rehearsed providing little information for the citizens that citizens like Ted Noftall, the Gardiners, Mark Schaefer, and Newton White would appear on the scene to change the script of Port Orange City Council. I thank them all for being here for us. What is great about Port Orange? A lot of things, and it most certainly include our citizens who are actively monitoring and inquiring about city endeavors. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all. I hope you all find the most convenient and advantageous time to run for city council. And thank you Bob Ford for serving as a city council man. I appreciate all you guys. — sincerely, Hank

• July 23, 2015 at 7:58 am

Thank you for the reply Mike. I was hoping to see where my $100 annual fee was going. That is not part of the millage revenue and is stand alone and not applicable to my homestead exemption. The money has never come back to our neighborhood. I wonder if the accounting on this fund is similar to golf course surcharges. Where did it really go? We have engineers on staff and I simply don’t understand why they can’t do a simple assessment of their own infrastructure. If we contract it all out what the hell do we need them for. Had they been doing their job all along we would not be in this predicament. Totally unacceptable to me. We spend far more on consultant and engineering fees than we do on physical infrastructure. They proved to us they couldn’t properly mow medians do we really trust that they can control flooding. I don’t. Perhaps we should contract it out and at least we would have contractors to hold accountable. There seems to be no accountability from management just excuses. That has become an accepted practice. I don’t even want to get into sidewalks and paving. What the hell have they been doing for all these years?

• July 23, 2015 at 2:26 pm

I can’t help but wonder if Confused is to the point where he realizes that what Ted and the activists have been saying for years is true.
      The overpaid incompetents from the Manager on down to his department heads have been pulling a con on Port Orange residents for at least the last dozen years since Mr green jeans became Mayor.
      No matter what rock you flip over in Port Orange government a big old snake comes crawling out.