[Note]:  At no time since it was first constructed many years ago, has any water whatsoever been sent through this drainage system.  Not even as a test.  Does it really work?

From: American Forwarding [mailto:ted@americanforwarding.us]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 5:09 PM
To: Harden, David
Cc: Bob Ford (rford37@cfl.rr.com); don@amlsfl.com; Drew Bastian (db2070@cfl.rr.com); Mayor Green (agreen@port-orange.org); Scott Stiltner (sjstiltner@cfl.rr.com)
Subject: Why are residents being denied access to City owned property ??
Manager Harden,
The questions raised in my correspondence of Nov 21st 2011 attached below were never answered. Some things never change I guess.
As regards to your contribution of likewise not answering the questions I posed to you I would further ask …..
* That you please advise as to the nature and location of the filtration system on the subject property, and explain exactly how parking could damage this system ?
Because to my knowledge the structures on this property consist of * a buried concrete storm water pipe, AND * a concrete outfall including baffle box at the Creek itself.
* AND that you also advise as to the meeting where Council authorized the No Trespassing sign, or otherwise advise under what specific authority it remains in place ?
Ted Noftall
Candidate for Mayor
City of Port Orange -2016

From: Harden, David
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 2:46 PM
To: Ted Noftall
Cc: Bob Ford; don@amlsfl.com; Drew Bastian; Green, Allen; Scott Stiltner
Subject: RE: Why are residents being denied access to City owned property ??
From our records it appears that you made a similar inquiry in November of 2011.
The property at the end of Spruce Creek Road was acquired as part of a drainage project that included clearing of the property and installation of an accessible stormwater filtration system. There was a concern that people entering the property and parking could damage the filtration system access. The City would also have liability exposure if someone were injured on the property. The November 21, 2011 response to your earlier inquiry states that the City Council authorized installation of the “No Trespassing” sign.

From: Ted Noftall [mailto:Ted@tednoftall.com]
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 11:13 AM
To: Harden, David
Cc: Bob Ford; don@amlsfl.com; Drew Bastian; Green, Allen; Scott Stiltner
Subject: Why are residents being denied access to City owned property ??
Manager Harden,
Why is there a No Trespassing sign on City owned property at the end of Spruce Creek Rd ?
Who installed that sign, And under what specific authority was it installed ?
The City also owns an additional parcel of land approximately 100 ft north of the parcel at the end of Spruce Creek Rd. that is not noticed as No Trespassing, AND I am wondering why 2 City owned properties 100 feet apart are being treated differently in terms of denying City residents access to same ?
What is going on here Manager Harden
Ted Noftall
Candidate for Mayor
City of Port Orange -2016

From: Ted Noftall [mailto:Ted@americanforwarding.us]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 3:39 PM
To: ‘Donna Steinbac (dsteinebac@port-orange.org)’
Cc: ‘Parker, Ken’
Subject: FW: Noftall Property Inquiry
After reading the concluding City minutes regarding public access on 12/01/09 I feel confident Ken will l want to provide much needed answers to the questions posed below.
Ted

From: Steinebach, Donna [mailto:dsteinebac@port-orange.org]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 2:38 PM
To: Ted Noftall
Cc: Parker, Ken; Fenwick, Robin; Pike, Warren; Silvey, Michael
Subject: RE: Noftall Property Inquiry
Ted,
The City Clerk’s office has located the attached minutes from November and December 2009 to help respond to your inquiry. No other City Council minutes have been found subsequent to the 12/1/09 meeting that address the issue of public use/public access to the property at the end of Spruce Creek Road. It appears that I will be unable to completely answer the questions you have raised today. As we discussed by telephone this morning, I have primarily assisted in the assembly of materials on this issue to help Mr. Parker respond to you. Others who have more direct knowledge of the situation may be a better resource and more capable of responding at the level of detail you seek.
Regards,
Donna J. Steinebach, AICP
Assistant to the City Manager
1000 City Center Circle
Port Orange, FL 32129
telephone: (386) 506-5508
e-mail: dsteinebac@port-orange.org
City website: http://www.port-orange.org

From: Ted Noftall [mailto:Ted@americanforwarding.us]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 1:30 PM
To: Steinebach, Donna
Cc: Parker, Ken
Subject: FW: Noftall Property Inquiry
Donna,
Thanks to you, Ken and staff for assembling the attached information. Council will be greatly informed upon receipt of same if they were not before.
I do have a question as to the conditions the Council placed on the Spruce Creek Property at the time the No Trespassing sign was ‘approved’….….. Was it voted upon ?
If sitting out is permitted and launching a canoe is prohibited…….. Would other uses such as Picnicking or Fishing or tossing a Frisbee be permitted or prohibited AND how are City residents’, or the Police meant to determine who must follow, and who may safely ignore the No Trespassing warning ??
As regards permitted uses Is it preferred that residents park their vehicle at this site or at the other City owned property slightly to the North ???
Ted

From: Rivera, Cynthia [mailto:CRivera@port-orange.org]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 9:28 AM
To: ted@americanforwarding.us; City Council
Cc: Parker, Ken; Steinebach, Donna; Johnson, Linda; Lovallo, Susan; Donahue, Kent; Gurnee, Stella; Pike, Warren
Subject: Noftall Property Inquiry
Sent on behalf of Ken Parker:
I have reviewed the materials prepared by staff related to your questions about the property at the end of Spruce Creek Road and the Russell property. The only modification I would make is that the property restrictions at the end of Spruce Creek were placed on it by the City Council. However, in order to actually allow the property to be used as a canoe launching facility, Volusia County permits may be required. We would have to provide parking and additional stormwater treatment if a canoe launching facility were constructed at this location.
As with the Russell property, residents can currently access the property, but it is difficult. They must access it from the Creek itself. Once the dock is constructed, it will be much easier for individuals on the Creek to access this property.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
–Ken

From: Steinebach, Donna
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 9:02 AM
To: Rivera, Cynthia
Subject: Noftall Property Inquiry
Here you go Cindy. Let me know if you need anything else.
Donna J. Steinebach, AICP
Assistant to the City Manager
1000 City Center Circle
Port Orange, FL 32129
telephone: (386) 506-5508
e-mail: dsteinebac@port-orange.org
City website: http://www.port-orange.org

From: Parker, Ken [mailto:kparker@port-orange.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:57 AM
To: Ted Noftall
Cc: Steinebach, Donna; Parker, Ken
Subject: RE: Access to City Owned Lands
Ted: I have already assigned this to others to provide the information. Thank you for your suggestion about Donna being the coordinator.
Ken

________________________________________
From: Ted Noftall [mailto:Ted@americanforwarding.us]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:02 PM
To: Parker, Ken
Cc: Steinebach, Donna
Subject: RE: Access to City Owned Lands
Ken, I can appreciate that you and Margaret will likely be occupied with the garbage mess for quite some time. Might I suggest that you hand this information request off to Donna. I have every confidence that she could ferret out these answers in a morning with minimal cooperation from finance and legal.
Ted

From: Parker, Ken [mailto:kparker@port-orange.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 4:31 PM
To: Ted Noftall
Cc: Parker, Ken
Subject: Re: Access to City Owned Lands
Ted: I will get the information. However, it may not happen this week or next.
Ken
Sent from my iPad

On Nov 16, 2011, at 3:19 PM, “Ted Noftall” wrote:
Ken,
I would like to inquire as to citizen access and use of 2 City lands purchased and maintained with taxpayer monies.
Spruce Creek Property ( South end of Spruce Creek Rd )
As you are aware the City recently spent an un-disclosed amount of taxpayer dollars acquiring and upgrading the property on Spruce Creek at the South end Of Spruce Creek Rd.
What is the total taxpayer investment in this property ?
What is the annual cost to taxpayers to maintain this property ?
Is a resident permitted to bring a lawn chair to this site and sit out to read a book ?
Is a resident permitted to launch a canoe or kayak into Spruce Creek from this site ?
What is the specific authority for the No Trespassing sign the City has posted at this site?
Why is this property, outside of City limits, mowed and otherwise impeccability maintained when Riverwalk in the heart of the City is weeded and otherwise overgrown ?
Russell Property on Spruce Creek
As you are aware the city is considering spending several hundred thousand tax payer dollars to place a dock and stairs on Spruce Creek, presumably to provide access to the Russell Property from Spruce Creek as the Sanctuary Homeowners Association is denying access across their property.
What is the total taxpayer investment in this property ?
What is the annual cost to taxpayers to maintain this property ?
Are residents currently permitted to assess this property from Spruce Creek ?
What are its permitted uses AND is primitive camping one of them ?
Who are the Authorized Personnel Only currently permitted access to this property through the gate at Deerfeed Trail in the Sanctuary subdivision ?
Why is this property, that not one resident in a thousand has ever seen or visited, mowed and otherwise impeccability maintained when Riverwalk in the heart of the City is weeded and otherwise overgrown ?
Ted Noftall

8 thoughts on “Do Some of Our Local Officials Really Think Most of Port Orange Residents Are Stupid?

• July 30, 2015 at 7:57 am

Is it true the system was never tested ?
    Can you spell “QLH” ?

• July 30, 2015 at 9:37 am

Manager Harden has been fed a continual line of bull sh$t by his senior staff since day 1 on the job including this load of crap little Alan Rosen. He answers to Ted in this exchange have set himself up to be the dufus of the century.
    Johanasson needs to fire half of these ass-wipes the first week he is on the job and the other half the next.
    The reason why this site is signed No Teargassing is two fold.
    1) Mayor Green-jeans is a mean spirited SOB who would not share one ounce of joy with anyone other than his cronies.
    2) Council are little more than lemmings pure and simple and that includes every single one of them.

• July 30, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Ted Noftall
    AttachmentsJul 28
    to Gerald, Robin, Debbi
    The blogs are sometimes wrong and I often find it best to challenge dubious reporting directly.
    Thank you for advising as to what POPD knows.
    Ted Noftall
    Candidate for Mayor
    City of Port Orange -2016
    **********
    From: Monahan, Gerald [mailto:geraldm@port-orange.org]
    Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 10:59 AM
    To: Ted Noftall; Fenwick, Robin
    Cc: Grabowski, Debbi
    Subject: RE: Why are residents being denied access to City owned property ??
    Ted,
    We have searched our Tiburon system and cannot find the call. We need a date as a location search yielded nothing as there is no physical address. We are searching some other property references through the right of way agent. I have included the Trespass statute. You will note that the property owner or an authorized person can give an order to leave. We could not cite however, since it is not within the City limits. I am not aware as to why the property is posted. As to transmission of the call, if we are able to ascertain when it occurred and identify it, you will have to request same from Volusia County Dispatch.

• August 2, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Ted, you are correct implying that you can’t assume everything we read on the internet is true.
      In this instance I think it was an anonymous writer who wrote of having been spoken to by a popd officer about the no Trespassing sign in Bonks Landing.
      The report was posted on this blog, and I referenced it on my web site http://www.popdradiolog.com
      The fact that POPD could not find any reference to such a police call is probably true. I wonder if the police officer merely advised the anonymous person about the no trespassing ordinace, if by change no report was filed. Maybe the VC dispatch radio center would have a record of whether such a police incident call was initiated. Perhaps it was a call put out to VCSO? I would like to believe the anonymous writer, but I cannot automatically asssume he/she was correct about any specifics in his/her report.
      I do not that the anonymous writer had not offered us any more details about his/her encounter with a police officer in Bonks Landing, city park of Port Orange.
      My first guess as to why the “no trespassing” sign has been put up on city park land, had the intention of satisfying some Bonk’s Landing resident who resent having a city park in their Volusia
      County Neighbor. I think they have a right to protest any city coming into their neighborhood to put in a city park. Which park I would assume would not be restricted to Bonk’s Landing residents or city of Port Orange residents.
      I will repeat my suspicion that some hidden plan is in the work for this small parcel of city land to somehow aid some local business, in some way. I think I have a right to have suspicions because the original intent for the city purchasing this land was to aid water drainage from Port Orange. But now, we are dealing with a city park. This is not the only instance when approaches to water issues have been misued either by human mistakes, or financial irregularities. I am of the opinion that if the public needs more access to Spruce Creek, they should seek such opportunities with the County, not the city of Port Orange.
      It is good for the public to air out any irregularity in this city park adventure which allegedly had it origins in a city water drainage problem. At the time the so called only available solution to an alleged flooding problem was debatebal. See my 5 part video series of the meeting between Bonks’ Landing residents and councilman Kennedy. You Tube, Henry Springer, “Bonks Landing”

• August 2, 2015 at 5:56 pm

Hank. FYI
        I do not think the incident was a current event. The citizen reporting it mentioned a cable across the access point. FP&L crews while working on the power lines in the area removed the cable and some 7 x 7 timber ties at the access point a few years ago

• August 3, 2015 at 7:09 pm

I don’t have time to read the blog all the time. I apologize for any confusion on the time frame. It was a few years ago as I stated in my post. Can’t remember the exact date. There was indeed a cable across the entrance and not that sign. I was most definitely run off before I even got started. The officer was not rude but stern. I got the message loud and clear. Can’t say for sure if someone complained or it was just my luck. I actually had a little Jon boat in the pickup that never got unloaded.

• August 4, 2015 at 8:01 pm

I wonder if bathrooms will be built on the dock to nowhere and the Bonks Landing, VC/Port Orange City, drainage, parking lot for 12 vehicles?