Sonya's Petitions

hank4First a comment by Hank Springer
The following e mail was sent to the City Manager of Port Orange on Sept. 18, 2015.
From what I understand, it is the kind of communication to the present city manager which he does not desire to post on the city web site, but which nevertheless becomes a public document because of having arrived in the city manager’s office.
The information which is contained therein indicates to me that a matter almost a year old is being pursued by Sonya Laney, a right I believe she is entitled to. I think too that such a public document request by the citizen represents information that the public might find useful.
I think it is useful to understand that such a petition from a citizen comes at a time when Ted Noftall is gearing up to run as a candidate for the Mayor of Port Orange. It is useful to note now that I support Ted Noftall in his run for the position of Mayor of Port Orange.
I will not here and now explain all the particulars of the animosity which I think I know about unless I am asked to.
Sonya Laney had run a fierce election competition for city council against our now Councilman Bob Ford.
Ms Laney lost the election. During the election process Ted Noftall supported Bob Ford for re-election to the council seat, and supporters of Ms.Laney came to city council meetings in an attempt to silence Ted Noftall in his public comments about the establishment in City Hall and why Bob Ford was good for the average citizen. I can explain more in detail if asked, but right now I will only note that I had noticed that members of the Port Orange Chamber of Commerce came out to denounce Ted Noftall and his activist supporters. At this point in time I think it is important to note that the present city manager has noted to the press that he considers activists “a necessary evil”. And it appears that he has detoured from previous policy of posting communication on the city web site such as this recent one from Sonya Laney.
Where I need to be corrected, please do so.
I think the timing of Ms. Laney’s request is unfortunate but perhaps it should indicate to us that there is still a concerted effort by members loyal to the establishment to marginalize one who wants to serve the city residents with no such ties to the city’s establishment. It was no small matter when Mayor Green told the citizens at a city council meeting to vote in our local election, vote often, and vote for a team player. I did not and still do not consider Bob Ford or Ted Noftall as team members of the establishment team, and for that reason and others have respect for them.
To me, the situation in Port Orange politics is so comparable to the mood of the national scene about national politics. Many people want change and they know why.
I started this Facebook page because I feel the citizens of Port Orange are need of a change in Port Orange politics, but I fear many Port Orange citizens are not aware of why changes are needed.
There is a Port Orange web site, https://port-orange.us/ which has been chronicling the changes need in Port Orange Politics and Government (think “accountability”) and I urge you to start visiting that web site.
There is more that you should know about background information on these issues. Consider that the present city manager told the press that he is a proponent of “strategic communication”. We could discuss this at length, but not at this time.
In summary, politics is not a clean sport, and I would suspect there are some cohorts in the establishment who are right now gearing up to battle Ted Noftall. I will be frank. Lance Green, the son of Mayor Green who is considering running for his father’s position, has been lectured by me that Lance faces the hurdle of being part of the establishment and the son of an establishment legacy. You probably know where I am prone to go with all this, but let’s save that for a later time.
City Manager Johansson right now is making plans to have a coffee clutch meeting with some who disagree with his policy of “strategic communication”. This is a work in progress issue, but I feel is a very important degree of transparency for Port Orange citizens, as it is in our national election.
You are welcome to voice your own opinion to me, and I hope I am graceful enough to let you have the last word, for now.
Many years ago when I started my first web site, the wowonderful Mayor of Port Orange, Dorothy Hukill told me that she would not answer opinions on my blog web site, because they tend to go on, and on, and on. I know what the practical answer is to that kind of a problem, and such a practical remedy should be often used to end a discussion with me. And the remedy is not rude. Since some people do not know what this remedy is, I think I shall keep my little secret to myself.
Be skeptical and inquisitive, and it will give me an opportunity to perform a service on this social media.
Sincerely – hank springer

LaneyE mail from Sonya Laney to Mr. Johansson follows:

[google-drive-embed url=”https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bznby4cJhHWTR1hvRVY4Y0g5LUE/preview?usp=drivesdk” title=”sonya.pdf” icon=”https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/doclist/images/icon_12_pdf_list.png” width=”100%” height=”2400″ style=”embed”]

Hanks Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/portorangeareanews/posts/1732367420320221

17 thoughts on “Sonya's Petitions

• September 26, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Mayor Green still loves his “Yes Daddy whatever you want Daddy” little girl Sonia. The way he manhandled th rest of the wimps on the council to keep her on the planning board was embarassing. Him and Jake shouldnt have any problems bossing this council around for the next couple years.

• September 26, 2015 at 7:39 pm

I could not believe how they all let Green yank them around to create a vote that don’t exist. Nobody but Green wanted Junco and Sonya and he sure controlled the joke of a vote to get what he wanted. Replay that debacle.

• September 26, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Sonya’s petitions are laughable on their face.without even having to recount her personal behavior.
    Sonya is the chief clown in the clown car that is Port Orange government. She was put on the 2014 ballot by sneaky Green to try and unseat Bob Ford, AND put on the Audit and Budget Advisory Board by that same sneak to serve as a foil to myself. When that did not work she teamed up with back-stabbing Burnette to seek my dismissal as Chairman of that board absent the due process protections afforded in the ordinance creating that board, AND when that did not work Council decided better to kill the messenger of bad news than fix the underlying problems and the Audit and Budget Advisory Board was disbanded.
    After watching Council’s shameful participation in a voting process totally manipulated by Green to the point where they did not even understand what was happening there is little doubt that Green and Johansson will manipulate and control this Council until Green is term limited out of office next November.
    When that happens I hope I will be in a position to advance the common interests of City residents above the special interests that have been taken care off so very well by Green and his Managers over the years.
    Ted Noftall

• September 26, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Whats up with this guy Burnett. Hes a big talker but doesnt seem to say much. When he does say something its always to give them what they want. After his underhanded cowards attack on Ted Noftall over the Budget board I wouldnt let him clean up after my dog. We need open straight shooters with a backbone on the council and need to get rid of the yes men like Burnett.

• September 27, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Our hope for a new regime has not gone well. Councilmen Stiltner and Bastian are the public service (police / fire) duo. Drew has been a major disappointment as of late. Burnette you all have labeled right. He talks one way, then walks another.
        They all seem to be afraid of Mayor Green as none of them ever post him up concerning his tyranny or behavior to their constituents. Guess it’s another year until we can effect a change.

• September 28, 2015 at 9:07 am

Dear Sonya Laney. Regading your “hostage” situation you failed to mention that you slept with another man Christmas Eve and were found together with that same man Christmas Day morning by your husband! Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!! Shame on you! Now please tell us how that represents those high morals, ethics and standards of propriety that you claim adorn your character. At the same time please tell the people of the city you would like represent as it were, how and why we should trust a cheat.

• September 28, 2015 at 9:30 am

*correction*
      ……..please tell the people of the city you would like to represent…..

• October 1, 2015 at 9:34 pm

I am so glad you think its ok to commit a felony when your upset. Its nice to know that you think its ok to hold people hostage when you don’t get your way. Sounds like they were very separated and the felon did not like that. It also sounds like other people agree in one way or another. Good for you, and your supporters, if your not happy with what your soon to be ex spouse is doing you should get a gun, hold them at gun point and threaten their lives so it makes you happy. You seem to think its ok and you want to slander a person that was held at gunpoint, if your a supporter of Mr Noftal, and he agrees with you there is no way I could ever vote for him because I can not support gun violence and support people who think it is ok to use a gun when your going thru a divorce. Please tell me why I should support people who think it is ok to use a gun to harm or make a point when you don’t get your way? Sir I would like you to tell me why it was ok for him to hold them hostage by gunpoint because he was going thru a divorce. Oh and before you say something like I don’t understand, I have been thru a divorce and was cheated on. But not for one second did I think it was ok to get a gun and threaten to hurt other people. I think that your support for some people may be blinding you in what you say. If you want this city to be great, you can not try to justify a man with a gun who is now a felon was upset because his soon to be ex wife moved on. Oh and I ask you sir, have you checked into his background, was he an angel, was he a perfect husband??? Did he do everything right? The bottom line is sometimes marriage does not work out, but if your mad and hold people at gun point your the only one to blame. I will tell you this, if Mr Noftel and his supporters think that it is ok to hold someone by gunpoint because they are mad or upset and heartbroken, there is no way I can vote for him. I hope that you understand it is never ok to try and harm someone with a gun or any weapon. I hope you can understand it is not ok to use a gun to harm someone or hold them against there will, even if your heartbroken. If you think its ok then your morals are worse then anyone else. Your promoting gun violence because you don’t get your way.

• October 2, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Dear ??VF
      I am so very tired of Green cronies like Sonya and her Daddy attempting to besmirch the name of the one person who is willing to call out Greens dirty dealing.
      If you have specific instances of Ted or his campaign supporters condoning the use of firearms other than provided by law please bring those instances forward because expecting to sustain your allegation by simply repeating the word “gun’ and “gun violence ” fourteen times in a twenty one line e-mail is not going to carry your argument.
      No one on Teds campaign and certainly not Ted himself have ever condoned any actions by anyone including Bob Laney involving the use of a firearm for purposes of intimidation, hostage taking or worse.
      State statutes sanction the use of firearms for defensive purposes only, and as that was not the case in this instance, no matter how upset Mr Laney was, displaying a firearm as he has been reported to have done was neither appropriate or sanctioned by law and he was appropriately charged and convicted for his transgression.
      Now I expect that ??VF knows all this and what he or she is really upset with are the withering attacks on the morality of Mrs Morals herself, and on the manliness of the coward boyfriend who was sleeping with his friends wife, and that dear ??VF is fair fodder in the political arena.

• October 2, 2015 at 10:04 pm

I will let you know that I am a man so were clear. How is her boyfriend a coward? I to be honest with you may have different morals then you do. I do not know your believes and you to be honest do not know mine. We may disagree on things but I am just trying to be practical. You don’t like her so you try to make her felon husband a victim, I do not know him and I try to state the truth and make him look like a criminal. Which he is. To be honest I don’t care about Soyna, what I do care about is the fact that people who don’t like her try to make her the villain. Most of the people on this blog want honesty and transparity but what they really want is to hat on someone and not tell the truth or be honest about there feelings. All of you bailed on Ted when he wanted Warren Pike back, but now you all love him. What changed????

• October 3, 2015 at 9:18 am

Sir reexamine the text, context, grammar, and spelling of your post and then tell me which one of the characters of Dumb and Dumber you are, the one that Jim Carey or Jeff Daniels played?

• October 2, 2015 at 8:31 am

Dear ?? VF,
    You are missing the point.
    Mrs. Laney through out her campaign presented herself as “Bob Laney’s wife”. A happily married woman of high morals. Someone who wanted to point out the moral transgressions of others. Her mantra was “i am a woman of ethics”. She stated repeatedly that she valued her ethics above all. That was her working campaign theme. She was vehement in her judgments. Then we learn that she appeared to have been carrying on an intimate relationship with a friend of her husband’s, a board member, a member of her campaign and a Chamber of Commerce member. A prominent member of Family Days. Our speculation was that that relationship did not just blossom after she lost the election. And this all came to light on Christmas Day. A day for family.
    How one handles contractual agreements, whether marital or professional, and how those are handled should they end gives others insight into the character of those involved. It appears Mr. Laney was duped. And weeping at the scene and begging his wife to come home. On Christmas Day. After he found her with his friend in a compromising situation.
    Did he use good judgment, do we support what he did apparently under great duress and emotional pain. Of course not. But he, in my humble opinion, along with the electorate was duped. People make terrible choices when they find they have been betrayed. On numerous levels. Pretty primal scenario.
    Mrs. Laney could have handled this very differently. In all situations people can choose to act morally, ethically and with compassion. And they can delay intermediate gratification. That is not what happened here. And Bob Laney is an older person with less time to live. And now he is a felon.
    My perception. You are a loyal friend of Mrs. Laney. But no choice she made either during the campaign or as her marriage broke up was ethical. Her behavior that led to this sad event on Christmas Day is indefensible.
    So Mrs. Laney’s ethics look very situational to many of us. Think it’s impossible to rewrite that history.
    And yes. When you choose to become a political figure, you will be judged on choices and behavior.

• October 2, 2015 at 6:03 pm

” … soon to be ex wife ….. ‘ Thanks ??VF that is the best laugh I had all day.
    Sonya started divorce proceedings against Bob Laney on Dec 12th 2014 – plenty of time to have that divorce finalized if that was what she was seeking. But that is not what she is seeking. Just ask John Stonitsch.
    Her divorce from Stonitsch was granted on Dec 14th 1999 and proceedings are still ongoing nearly 20 years later per docket entries in Sept 2014 as Sonya continues to lay claim to every dime Stonitsch is ever likely to see.
    Bob Laney will be lucky to have anything left by the time Sonya hounds him for a decade or two, and that brings us to Sonyas latest victim – Mike Arminio. She already has Mike on a payment plan of $377.42 per month that comes complete with recorded promissory note carrying a 5% interest rate. If this stuff wasn’t true you wouldn’t be able to make it up.
    Sleeping with a gold digger like Sonya is a costly proposition. .

• October 2, 2015 at 8:07 pm

Would you say that she is very much like her benefactor Allen Green?

• October 2, 2015 at 9:26 pm

Is she a gold digger or is he an older man that wants arm candy???? Its funny you think she is the gold digger and he is not an old man that want a younger woman, and is suddenly surprised.

• October 2, 2015 at 8:23 pm

First off I did not say that Ted Noftal believed it was ok, I said that if his supporters said it is ok and he agrees with them, I can not support him. Are my words being twisted??? My comments were toward VF and anyone who supports the fact that he or she made it seem ok if your upset you can hold someone at gunpoint. I do remember reading opinions here about Sonya where it was said they did not blame the husband because of some reason or another. I do believe I remember that correctly, if not please let me know. As to my reference about gun violence I am a gun owner and it is stupid people making stupid choices that make it hard to tell people who hate guns that guns are not the problem. Why was her boyfriend a coward? If he was sleeping with his friends wife its not a coward, its just being a dick. Oh and if being a dick was punished by guns I think most people including myself might have had guns pointed at us. Oh and to let all of you know, which you will not believe. But it is true, I have never met her and I did not vote for her and that is the truth. I think its awesome how upset you all got by the observations made of a third party that actually does not know her and did not vote for her. It shows me truly that your all out for only one thing and not being open minded!!! Oh and I don’t care if he is older and now a felon. You try to make it sound like he is a decrepted old man who has no control of his emotions and actions. The comments I have read still say the actions she took led to the event at hand. Your still saying it is her fault for being held at gunpoint because she made bad decisions, Oh and I think it is funny as hell that it was said he was an older gentleman and was fooled. He got what was coming to him, he is a felon because he committed a felony. I like guns, and own guns I am so damn sick of people who are even distressed using them. Oh and LMAO glad I could make you laugh. When I wrote soon to be ex, it was a way of me saying he should not have been surprised she moved on. Also remember I never said Mr, Noftal or his supporters agreed with gun violence, I said if he does and if they do. I think its funny that so many people are still blaming the victim. But it is nice to have these discussions and get to know every ones opinions. Someone said her behavior led to becoming a victim of gun violence, now that makes me LMAO.

• October 2, 2015 at 9:22 pm

If Mr Noftal is mayor will you all support Warren Pike coming back as Director? I remember he wanted him to come back. And all of the people that I remember on this website scattered like roaches when the lights came on.