- * Councilman’s salary is not $5,666.70 as reported
- * Mayor’s salary is not $ 7,750 as reported
- * Candidate Lance Green is not currently employed as a General contractor or as a Realtor as reported, but rather as part of the management team at Paytas Homes Inc, a major builder in the Port Orange.
- * I am not the current Treasurer of the VCSWCD as I resigned some months ago to run for Mayor.
- * What in the heck does the following statement even mean. ” the citizen-led board siphoned files over $ 411,500 in unauthorized water meter purchases. ”
BUT YOUR DECISION only days before the election to quote the outgoing Mayor as ” I defiantly do not support Ted ” and imply it was because of the ” awful ” endorsement practice of Republican Executive Committee, AND not because of my personal criticism of his many actions without giving me the opportunity to respond is devoid of journalistic ethics.
Had you spoken with me I would have advised that his disdain for my candidacy is likely personal as I have been a loud critic of many of his actions including :
- * Withholding information from Council ( Finance director sweetheart retirement deal, Payroll mis-appropriations, Un-authorizes berm removal)
- * Shutting down the ” daily read files ” which not only included the Manager’s correspondence but the Mayor’s also.
- * His support for difficult to understand budgeting and incomplete financial reporting
- * His request to Council to cancel approximately $10,000 in water bills at his Jackson street property.
Not to mention that Mayor Green is not even a member of the Republican party, or that his son was a willing participant in the Republican endorsement process right up to when he received 3 votes to my 53 votes in that process which you report the Mayor considered ” awful ” I would imagine so – but not for the reason you reported.
If ever there was an article in need of a factual and ethical re-do this would be it.
Candidate for Port Orange Mayor
August 30, 2016